With the advent of forging, Sacred Coins can now be used to purchase and upgrade seals. This is a huge game-changer, as seals effectively function as a skill once fully upgraded. As coins are scarce, prioritising which seals to upgrade is of utmost importance.
Once you’re done with the Intermission map in Story mode, the Sacred Forge will be unlocked.
Arena assault is currently the most prominent method of earning Sacred Coins. While it is similar to the standard arena, the caveat is that players can only use the same unit once while fighting a continuous string of battles. Use of items and scouting opponents via map preview are heavily encouraged.
The table below shows the breakdown of ranking rewards:
Sacred Coins can be also found in Voting Gauntlets starting from “The Blood of Dragons”. 45 coins can be earned from quests each round, up to a grand total of 135.
Finally, 10 coins are awarded in Arena simply by winning a battle.
This list is meant to be a general guide. Ultimately, pick the seal that matches your play-style and arena experience.
Seals that have wide applications between multiple units. They are considered the best in their role, and are strongly encouraged to be upgraded to reach their potential.
- Atk Ploy: A simple attack debuff that is easy to use, given that most Arena threats have low Res. Anti-mage units like Julia/Sanaki can run this seal with little issues.
- Distant Def: With ranged units arguably being the most threatening heroes in Arena, Distant Defence is a must have for any DC/ranged enemy-phase unit.
- Panic Ploy: As Panic Ploy is the only reliable method of spreading Panic status, this seal is extremely useful when facing against Bladetome and Horse/Flier Emblem enemy compositions.
Seals that have niche functions on certain heroes. While some units heavily benefit from using them, their limited versatility makes them a less desirable choice for upgrades.
- Breath of Life: A potent seal for game modes with consecutive maps, like Chain Challenges/Tempest Trials. The gradual healing effects however are not as effective in the fast paced Arena (Assault). A fine seal to upgrade if one is focused on clearing PvE content.
- Deflect Melee / Deflect Missle / Deflect Magic: Primarily used to counter Brave weapons and fast Firesweep units. While niche, heroes like Reinhardt and Brave Lyn are some of the most prominent threats in Arena. Useful if your team struggles with them.
- Hardy Bearing: Negating Vantage/Desperation regardless of health is a nifty advantage. Useful if your team has a problem with Vantage units (e.g Hector), otherwise a more versatile seal is preferred.
- Phantom Speed: With Wind/Watersweep skills being the only ones affected, this seal doesn’t see much use outside of glass cannons or debuffing units.
Seals that are generally outclassed by more reliable picks. While by no means useless, the scarcity of Sacred Coins makes it hard to justify purchasing/upgrading them.
- HP+5: Although it is a useful seal to reach higher thresholds for HP based skills like Panic Ploy, the boosts from upgrading it is marginal.