Lately, I've been working on a merge project for Frederick. He's coming along well, with +6 merges and +atk. Now my question is, who do I start next? I want it to be either a colorless or blue, as I already have a +10 Chrom who I use on my main team because of his ridiculous stats. So starting another sword or axe just doesn't interest me. I'm a person of balance, and I like to have one of each color on my teams.
Basically, I'm the Thanos of Heroes. My teams need to be perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Asked by Brave_Player6 months ago

by Seeker 6 months 1 week ago

Maybe you would like someone with good res? Chrom and Frederick both have pretty poor res.

Or maybe you would like someone fast? Frederick and Chrom aren't fast without investment, and you went for atk on Frederick.

What are your favourite modes in the game and playstyles?

by Brave_Player 6 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Seeker

Typically, I just grind for feathers and orbs. I mean, when I'm bored, I grind Arena a bit.
And you aren't wrong about the lacking in res, but usually they only only get OHKO/doubled by mages that have color advantages. My Frederick is built to be an attacker, and Chrom is my tank.
Edit: And typically it's from mages in Lunatic/Abyssal GHB/BHB where they are typically built to be annoying.

by Seeker 6 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Brave_Player

If you like farming, it's good to have units with very few weaknesses (usually infantry) who can run the whole map over. Nowi is kind of a textbook example (maybe a bit overdone and boring at this point, but for good reason). A lot of HM farming solutions use L.Ike because his mixed bulk is actually decent and he'll just aether, aether, aether through everything. Fast Nowis tend to do the same thing.

I could suggest a lot of blues, actually, but none of them will be as good as M.Kana or Nowi for running PvE maps over mindlessly. (I have max merge on Nowi and I even run some AR maps over with barely half the calculation I would typically require.)

Nowi/M.Kana (I'd say M.Kana is actually better Nowi if you don't mind the grails)
Odin can actually get really tanky if he gets buffed +6 to def and res. He can play as kind of a faux Kliff who hits a lot harder due to the blade tome (and can thereby leverage it for sol activations, which may make up the difference in bulk). But it doesn't work without buffs because it's a blade tome, which means it might not be good for farming. Have a look at the image.
Shigure is really good with a shell lance + sturdy impact galeforce build that I theorycrafted and really liked and could show.

by Seeker 6 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Seeker

Unconventional Clair: not recommended without buffs.

by Seeker 6 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Seeker

To show some options for colourless, I think Kaze has actually gained a really good place thanks to having respectable atk (not high, but fine) and modern tools for modern annoyances like Veronica

by Seeker 6 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Seeker

Azama is a unit that I think has gained a lot of value recently due to AR. The version above is just a general tanking build; you can switch out for stuff like C duel infantry if you want him to play in arena, or maybe use sommething like fear+ or pain+ for PvE and put guard in his B-slot; you could throw him on a defense team (put guard in his B-slot to make the null C-disrupters cry); he's good pretty much anywhere. Below is the AR offense version; just put spd tactic on the dancer, def tactic or res tactic on some killing machine (because 34 atk witchy wand isn't going to kill anyone), the other tactic (maybe as a seal) on one of the two Eirs, throw all their infantry pulse down the drain, and tank everything.

by Seeker 6 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Seeker

Legault has a lot of potential if you're willing to give up the atk tactic fodder. The first build I show is for AR defense. He's hard to one-round; he'll mess up people's stats; good for stalling strategies. In the middle I show what happens if he teams with Gunnthra and Hrid. He's really bulky, and the debuffs are going to set the Nifl royals up to wreck everything. The last build is what you do when you take control yourself and know how to keep him out of harm's way. It's a maximum damage build.

by Sir of Coffee 6 months 1 week ago

Funnily, Male Robin would fit right in. Boosting Chroms great stats even further and countering archers + red mages.

Add in a high colorless that isn't infantry.. and you have a team.

by Triton 6 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Sir of Coffee

I second the Robin idea, if only to keep the Awakening theme going. :P

Too bad Lissa wouldn't fit in, though.

by Brave_Player 6 months ago

In reply to by Sir of Coffee

I actually do have a +def Close Counter Robin who I also put Keen Blarwolf on (before the refine was released, which now I use the refine constantly). I wouldn't mind +10ing him. Only problem is that he doesn't appear at all anymore for me. I mostly get Abel, Jagen, and Peri. Neither of which I really want to use.

by Krazytre 6 months 1 week ago

M!Robin
Odin
Jagen
Est
Florina
Felicia
Niles

M!Robin can fit really well because of his refined Tome giving an Omni Tactics 2 effect, but he's that great in terms of actually taking on mages like Ophelia.

Odin's a great support unit as well, and he's got pretty balanced defenses along with a nice HP stat.

Jagen is arguably the best mage tank in the game, which you're lacking in.

Est can hit hard and take a magic hit, and she's flying, allowing for more flexibility for Tactics.

Florina is just good with her refine, along with the reasons stated above.

Felicia is the queen of mage tanking.

Niles with his new refine can be a really good unit for tanking mages and releasing those Specials.

by Seeker 6 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Krazytre

These days Felicia is actually in a sour spot due to the AR meta. Ophelia's AoE tends to be too much, especially if there's a chill res (ex: from Forblaze), and if Lilina follows up she generally doesn't survive.

Even if those two don't kill her, there are a lot of melee threats that tend to overlap their ranges with these mages, which also cause issues for her.

In arena Felicia is ok. Ploys, maybe a wee bit of chip damage on dragons (though really not much - the mixed bulk is often very solid), baiting those Sorens or Ninos or L.Azuras with their duel skills into range so the bonus unit can get rid of them (or just outright killing the mage if you need to bail out)

by Brave_Player 6 months ago

In reply to by Krazytre

I mean if Jagen is great with mage tanking, I might try it out. I have seen a few and they are impressive so. I'll give it a shot.

Felicia I am absolutely going to build.

by MoonDog 6 months 1 week ago

I run Marth, Titania, Clair, and Felicia to cover each color.
* Titania to provide visible buffs
* Marth to kill dragons, combat medic, and provide combat buffs with drive skills
* Felicia to bait and destroy mages
* Clair to kill armor/cavalry

When I look at your team you have a solid tank in Frederick and Chrom. These two should be able to take out the dragons and green armor units you find everywhere. It seems you're missing a good ranged counter. Male Robin with his tome and triangle adept would be able to bait dagger/bow users and fill the blue role. You also might want to consider a flyer. I've found having a flying unit helps a ton on a lot of maps.

Pick something you enjoy as pretty much any unit can be good when you invest. (For example, see Clair, who doesn't get a lot of love by the community. I think she's pretty good!)

by Krazytre 6 months 1 week ago

In reply to by MoonDog

I don't dislike her, but her hair really bothers me.

by Mysterym1ster 6 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Krazytre

Her Heroes art really doesn't look good imo, she looked a lot better in SoV. It makes me sad when they mess up a character like that.

by RoyAhoy 6 months 1 week ago