So I pulled on the Hostile Springs Banner and after a 4.25% pity rate and colorless hell, I was able to pull Hostile Springs Sakura. (If the picture is blurry, it's +ATK -SPD.) I also have a spare Takumi laying around my barracks. Would it be worth it to give her Close Counter? Or should I give my spare Close Counter to my Brave Veronica?

Asked by Tacoman2 months 1 week ago

by Tandor 2 months 1 week ago

As long as you give her the Close Defense seal She can run with it just fine. Compared to Veronica running CC HS!Sakura is only 3 points behind in defense after the effects of Veronica's staff. Pair Sakura with a Fortify Fliers and she actually has +1-3 more points in defense.

Having said all that I would hesitate to give it to Sakura as that -Spd takes a big hit on her overall bulk so she may be best off in a more supportive role unless you get a merge.

by elijahm 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Tandor

I agree with this. I think if possible you should try to get another Sakura to merge so the bane will go away.

by Tacoman 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Tandor

I honestly don't have the orbs to attempt to pull another one to merge. (I legitimately only have 1 orb as I write this), so it seems like Veronica may be the better choice for CC at the moment, so I'll give it to her if I'm not able to pull another Sakura before the banner ends. Thank you.

by elijahm 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Tacoman

You probably have already done this, but have you ever done multiple battle maps to get orbs?

by Tacoman 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by elijahm

Yep. I've gotten nearly all the free-to-play orbs that I can. There are a COUPLE of chain battles I haven't been able to clear (which I'm planning to try again with new units), but other than that, I've gotten most if not all of the free-to-play orbs. I just gotta bust my ass in the Tempest to get all the orbs there.

by testname123 2 months 1 week ago

I would not recommend giving her close counter. Nor would I recommend giving it to Veronica. Both units have weak defenses. Especially at 29 speed, your Sakura will be getting doubled a lot and won't survive. She is a seasonal unit and it sounds like you don't plan to pull anymore.

Give close counter to a tanky 3*-4* ranged unit that you will eventually merge up. Saizo is probably the best user of CC out of the 4* pool. Nino is actually a good choice too given her great speed. If she doesn't get 1-shot killed, she will be in desperation or brazen range to do some serious damage.

Don't feel like you NEED to fodder it off to somebody. Close counter is really no longer a premium skill. The only units that can really use it well are the ranged armors, all of which are seasonal or limited. Some enemy phase mages can use it well but most of them lack the mixed bulk to pull it off as dragons will still target their res.

by Tacoman 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by testname123

You have a point. 29 SPD on Sakura is way too low to use it effectively due to being doubled by like, everybody. The thing is, I don't really have any unit that could really MAKE Close Counter a stupid skill on them. And this Takumi is honestly doing NOTHING in my barracks at the moment (he's still level 1).

Merging him with my other Takumi (who is fully built with a +ATK -RES IV set) doesn't appeal to me, since its only really boosting his RES back to normal, which is already unsalvageable, and maybe giving him 1 more HP and ATK. Its why I kept this other Takumi to fodder Close Counter.

Sakura is pretty much out of the question at this point, but the reason I brung up Veronica is because I dont really have a good A Skill for her at the moment. Due to Healer limitations, I experimented with Brazen ATK/SPD (which failed miserably), before just giving her ATK/SPD. Since I use Veronica for like, EVERYTHING, thats why i was pondering giving Close Counter to her. And especially for her in Aether Raids, if she IS going to die, she could potentially hit someone before death, buffing/debuffing both teams respectively. And in the 3/4 star pool, I dont think I have an interest in building any ranged units. (Most of the units I would build and HAVE built require Distant Counter not Close Counter). Which is why Veronica popped into mind.