Confusion over Windsweep and Phantom Spd Combo...?

I’ve been testing out Windsweep and Phantom Spd on Tibarn and he doesn’t seem to double foes when he initiates combat. I think I’m missing something? Tibarn has 31 Spd and Michalis has 33, Tibarn should be able to double him? Or would I need Darting Blow? I really have no idea how to trigger Phantom Spd either, it would be great if someone explains it.

Asked by _Absolutely_Disgusting_5 months 1 week ago

by Dannwond 5 months 2 weeks ago

Phantom Spd only helps when comparing stats with the enemy, doesn't give you real speed.

You can trigger Windsweep, Watersweep, Flashing Blade, etc more easily but you'd still need 5 more speed than the enemy to double with weapons like Tibarn's + Windsweep.

by _Absolutely_Di… 5 months 2 weeks ago

In reply to by Dannwond

Oh, so you actually need more Spd? I really don’t get why, in the skill description of Phantom Spd, it grants +10 Spd if it actually doesn’t.

I’m definitely giving him Darting Blow.
Thanks for your input.

by Dannwond 5 months 2 weeks ago

In reply to by _Absolutely_Di…

The description says it's for comparing speed stats due to skills.

by Krazytre 5 months 2 weeks ago

In reply to by Dannwond

Isn't that what Windsweep and Watersweep is doing? If I recall, a maxed Phantom Speed gives, what, +7 speed on speed check skills? With Tibarn at 31 and Machalis at 33, shouldn't it still proc since phantom speed makes it so the speed check for the sweep is at a difference of 5?

by _Absolutely_Di… 5 months 2 weeks ago

In reply to by Krazytre

That’s literally what I was thinking.

by Dannwond 5 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Krazytre

I don't understand the question. Phatom Spd allowed Tibarn to cancel Michalis' counterattack but it can't help him double, that's how it works.

Phantom Spd 3 gives +10 Speed when comparing stats for skill activation.

by Azurem 5 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Krazytre

Yes, Phantom Speed makes Windsweep treat his speed as if it was 10 higher than it is so Windsweep works against Michalis. But his real speed is still lower than Michalis's so he can't double once Windsweep and Hawk King Claw cancel out.

by Krazytre 5 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Azurem

Oh okay. I read the effects but I wasn't actually comprehending all of the effects separately.

Had a brain fart, lol. Thank you.

by _Absolutely_Di… 5 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Azurem

So, Phantom Spd is basically a waste of a skill and I could of gone with +3 Spd or Atk/Spd +2 seal? Because that’s what I’m thinking right now.

by Dannwond 5 months 1 week ago

In reply to by _Absolutely_Di…

If your intention is to double while canceling the enemy's counter, yes, Spd +3 is probably better.

With characters and builds where you sacrifice your chance to double in order to cancel counters (like a Windsweep F Corrin, for example, to attack and trigger Dark Breath), Phantom Spd is generally better.

by _Absolutely_Di… 5 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Dannwond

Oh, I get it now. Well, thanks for the explanations! Im sorry for causing all this chaos lol.

by Dannwond 5 months 1 week ago

In reply to by _Absolutely_Di…

If you understood it in the end, it doesn't matter. Keep in mind that Tibarn's guaranteed double only works against full HP enemies or you'll probably be in for an unpleasant surprise at some point.

by _Absolutely_Di… 5 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Dannwond

Yeah about his weapon skill. I’m kinda thinking of summoning for another for a better iv as mines is -Atk. So he can kill on his first initiation.

by Dannwond 5 months 1 week ago

In reply to by _Absolutely_Di…

Mine is - Atk too and he'll be foddered at some point. If you like him enough to fix him, as long as you pull another one, he'll be fixed if you merge them since he'll lose his bane next month.

by _Absolutely_Di… 5 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Dannwond

Yeah, I’ll be sure to do that.

by Krazytre 5 months 2 weeks ago

My Tibarn has 37 speed (Spd boon) and this Nowi (from Training Tower) has... Less than 30.

He has Watersweep equipped.

by _Absolutely_Di… 5 months 2 weeks ago

In reply to by Krazytre

You’re lucky that your Tibarn has a Spd boon, I wish mine was +Spd. I’ve just given him Darting Blow, I’m going to test it out. He does double foes with like 25 Spd, but I thought that Phantom Spd would actually increase his Spd, I guess it doesn’t...

by GVader 5 months 1 week ago

You should probably re-read Phantom Speed, it only increases the units speed to help activate skills that activate from speed doesn't actually give the unit that speed increase