Arguably colourless, but prior to AR I would say that green was probably the best colour because red mages were uncommon. Especially before the Ragnarok refine. And W.Tharja has no speed, so without bold fighter her player phase was really weak and a green with high res could at least bait her in for someone to mop up.

Now that Ragnarok has that ridiculous refine and bolt traps hit both ways and Surtr has provoked a bunch of Lilina and red Micaiah, maybe blue is the best colour for tanking mages in AR? I feel like I see more of Myrrh and Surtr than I do of green mages.

Asked by Seeker2 months 1 week ago

by GVader 2 months 1 week ago

Well... I mean my Sheena can tank Lilina, and some Dancing Micaiah depending on how people build her, but yah Blue and Red mages are probably the most used in AR right now so Blue units would be the best

by Krazytre 2 months 1 week ago

Even with Ragnarok refine, red mages weren't that common, but yeah. Aside from Colorless, green was the best.

Now, it's hard to say. Blue has Ophelia, Tailtiu, and Reinhardt. Red has Lilina, Tharja, and Celica. Green has Nino and Soren.

by Seeker 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Krazytre

SF Nino is actually the one I tend to be scared of. Especially if sturdy impact is involved. Soren has a hard time playing aggressively because his tome doesn't help him when he advances ahead of the group and infantry Nino doesn't get flier buffs.

by Dan 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Seeker

Second this with flying Nino

by Dan 2 months 1 week ago

A man after my own heart!

I think this is why Nowi atm works so well for me, blue is truly the best in most cases because of the red and blue mages. Most greens you see are axes, not mages, from what I’ve seen.

If your blue can tank Ophelia and Rein, you are golden.

by riccochet 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Dan

I use blue Micaiah to tank both Ophelia and Rein, using Atk/Res Solo and Brazen Atk/Res

by SupaAnimegal 2 months 1 week ago

Winter Fae. Her resistance is the highest in the entire game and on one Bound Hero Battle, she was able to tank Leo... A RED MAGE. He did some damage, but it wasn't enough to kill her

by weissen 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by SupaAnimegal

Leo is one of the weakest red mages in heroes. His damage output and speed are great even on the Infernal map in the Bound Hero Battle. I think quite a few green units with high RES can survive against him.

by riccochet 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by SupaAnimegal

A good green Res tank should be able to tank at least Celica, who has almost the same firepower as Lilina but can double.

by riccochet 2 months 1 week ago

Before weapon refinery and Winter Tharja, blue was the worst color for magic tanking due to red not being much prevalent. Especially against lances, Reinhardt is still a force due to the ability to hold Lancebreaker, so that puts lances off his counter list.

Right now things have changed for me. AR has forced me to use Nailah as one of my ranged counters, and I also use Deflect Magic to screw some Reinhardts.

by enlil 2 months 1 week ago

This. Best damage mitigation in the game; make them dead before they can hit you :D

by Seeker 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by enlil

What do you do when L.Azura sings to Ophelia?

by Kemosabe-TBC 2 months 1 week ago

In reply to by Seeker

This will easily kill Ophelia IF they don't use hardy bearing. On the other hand, all Ophelias I've seen in AR had hardy bearing.

by RoyAhoy 2 months 1 week ago

Actually because of AR I say green. There’s a reason I say I wish Kliff were green. You aren’t mage tanking. You’re ranged tanking. You need to survive hits from many different characters on the same turn now. Most popular being blue mages, Lyn, and Veronica.

by Seeker 2 months 1 week ago