- Inherent skills are added in addition to other skills and don't overwrite existing skills.
- Merging units won't pass on their skills until the April update.
- If unable to merge, make sure that the unit passing on their skill is not favourited.
- It costs 1.5 additional SP to learn an inherited skill.
- Inherited skills are passed on unlearned.
- Prerequisite skills must be inherited to gain access to the final level of that skill. For example, if you wanted to transfer Life and Death 3, you would need transfer Life and Death 1 and Life and Death 2 as well.
- Inherited weapons must match the hero's weapon type.
- Dragon breath attacks can be inherited to dragons of different colours. For example, Tiki (Y) can inherit Dark Breath+ from Corrin (F)
- Unique weapons such as Falchion and Raijinto cannot be inherited.
- Unique skills such as Close Counter and Distant Counter can be inherited.
- Dance and Sing cannot be inherited.
- "Goad" and "Ward" skills can only be transferred to units of the same class. For example, Hone Cavalry can only be inherited by other Cavalry units.
- Knock Back and Drag Back can't be transferred to ranged units.
- Lancebreaker can't be transferred to sword units.
- Wary Fighter can only be inherited by armored units.
Recommended Skills to Inherent (At first look)
This page will be used to collect data and better understand the new inheritance skill mechanic. It will be updated as more info is discovered. Let us know your thoughts and discoveries in the comments below.