|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
- Go +atk all the way. Don't even look at the other stats. Atk is Reinhardt's only stat. The other numbers appearing on his stat page don't exist.
- (Prefer minus spd, though. Might as well be as slow as a snail)
|Dire Thunder||A||Death Blow 3
Budget: Attack +3
Budget: R Tomebreaker 3
- Weapon: Dire Thunder
- Assist: Reposition / Draw Back
- Special: Moonbow / Luna / Draconic Aura
- A Slot: Death Blow / Attack +3 / Life and Death
- B Slot: Lancebreaker / Wings of Mercy / Red Tomebreaker / Blue Tomebreaker
- C Slot: Goad Cavalry / Varies on Team
- Preferred Boon/bane: +Atk - Speed
- Sacred Seal: Quickened Pulse / Attack +1
Reinhardt's infamous set that has caused tons of frustration and ragequitting for a lot of arena players. The idea behind this set is very simple, but incredibly effective: hit hard with Death Blow + Dire Thunder and then retreat via ally's dancing or repositioning.
Moonbow is the best special for him if player uses Quickened Pulse, as it allow him to bypass some of his traditional counter such as Hector or Nino without proper buffs. Luna and Draconic Aura can be chosen if QP is not available for him.
Attack +3 is a decent budget option for Death Blow 3, as well as Life and Death 2. When possible, try to get Death Blow 3 on him as soon as possible as it is a huge boost to his performance.
Reinhardt's B slot is most of the time flexible. Lancebreaker / Red Tomebreaker / Blue Tomebreaker helps him win certain matchup that players want to kill swiftly, or survive during Opponent's Phase (such as Effie for Lancebreaker or Blade Tharja for Red Tomebreaker). Wings of Mercy helps if there is a bulky tank in the team capable of taking hits such as Xander, and as a skill it is flexible in both Offense/Defense.
| Rising ThunderBefore combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target
take damage equal to (unit's ATK minus foe's DEF or RES).
Learns by default at 4 ★
| Blazing ThunderBefore combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target
take damage equal to 1.5 x (unit's ATK minus foe's DEF or RES).
Unlocks at 4 ★
|Vantage 1Unit counterattacks first when attacked at HP ≤ 25%||50||
|Vantage 2Unit counterattacks first when attacked at HP ≤ 50%||100||
Vantage 3Unit counterattacks first when attacked at HP ≤ 75%
Unlocks at 4 ★
|Spur Atk 1Grants adjacent allies Atk+2 during combat.||50||
Spur Atk 2Grants adjacent allies Atk+3 during combat.
Unlocks at 4 ★
Goad CavalryGrants cavalry allies within 2 spaces Spd/Atk+4 during combat.
Requires Spur Atk 2 or Spur Spd 2.
Unlocks at 5 ★
Reinhardt is one of the most powerful Player Phase unit in the game, thanks to his immense offensive power from Dire Thunder, great mobility and the fact that the majority of meta units have poorer Resistance than Defense. His popularity in arena, availability as well as his noob-friendly gameplay is one of the reason most team have to pack a solid green unit to check him or risk getting blasted by his lightning.
Reinhardt's main competitor are his younger sister Olwen, who has higher ceilling in a Cavalry Team due to her superior speed to run Blarrblade, but much less efficiency using Dire Thunder compared to him. Brave Lady Lyn is another powerful competitor as her Brave Bow build is just as obnoxious to face if not more than Reinhardt, while also has the option of bypassing most of her popular counters. Nonetheless, Reinhardt has better availability than both and requires a lot less investment to start melting faces, and thus is still a staple on most cavalry team or as a strong attacker in hybrid team.
Reinhardt is not without flaw however, as he has some very noticeable weaknesses in both offense and defense. He has a very poor opponent's phase as a result of his abysmal speed and low base stats total, making him a sitting duck without team support either in the form of Dance or Positioning Assist. His stats spread also make him an one trick pony, as he lacks a lot of build diversity as well as way to bypass his popular counters unlike Brave Lyn. Nonetheless, he is still one of the best unit in the game for both PvE and PvP. Use this pony well, and he will win you most races.
+/ Powerful offensive presence:
- Thanks to his weapon - Dire Thunder, combined with his good 32 base attack, access to Cavalry buffs and high mobility/reach, Reinhardt is a terror in player's hand
- Capable of oneshot even most green units with his standard build, aside from high Resistance designated counters such as Julia, Sonya or Fae, or Triangle Adept green.
+/ Great availability and low investment cost:
- Compared to most of his competition, Reinhardt is available at 4 star and easier to get better IVs.
- He also only require Death Blow 3 to start being a great nuker
+/ Very poor Opponent's Phase:
- Reinhardt tank stats are actually quite good but it is made much less relevant due to his poor speed
- The issue is further aggravated by the penalty on speed that Dire Thunder incurs.
- Most green or blue unit with 23+ speed can double him quite easily and would have little difficulty killing him if they can reach him
- This forces most Reinhardt user to pair him with at least someone that can get him out of danger through positioning assist or Dance
+/ Poor Base stats total
- Reinhardt weight quite poorly and will drag your arena score down compared to other units due to his low Base Stats Total
- His distribution also makes him a very one dimensional unit and is not capable of running different builds depending on the situation. He makes up for it by being extremely potent at what he can do.
It is quite easy to kill Reinhardt if you can get to him. However, because of his huge reach and movement, it is a lot harder to get close to him unscathed. As such the best way to deal with Reinhardt is to have someone that can bait him and kill him on counter or on next turn.
- Most green mages with decent res are capable of stopping Reinhardt, most notably Julia, Sonya, Cecilia or Soren. Nino/Summer Elise normally falls to QP + Moonbow Reinhardt with higher merges, but with Resistance buffs or Triangle Adept they would have no problem.
- Fae is a great counter to Reinhardt thanks to her massive magical bulk and easy access to 4 star Lightning Breath to counterattack him
- Brave Ike is one of Reinhardt's biggest designated counter as he ignore cavalry buffs and Urvan is designed around tanking Brave weapons / consecutive attacks.
- Most normal Hector fall to QP + Moonbow Reinhardt. He will need to run either Guard, Quickened Pulse + Sacred Cowl or have Resistance buffs to help checking Reinhardt. Still he has quite easier time against Reinhardt than most other units thanks to natural access to Distant Counter.
- High Resistance Green units such as Titania or Sheena can tank Reinhardt pretty well and kill him next turn. Titania is even more so as she is also a cavalry unit and can reach Reinhardt easier than most.