|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
+Speed is Palla's best boon, as it increases both her bulk, by avoiding more doubles, as well as increasing her offensive capability by allowing her to double more often. +Attack is also an acceptable boon, particularly for a Brave Sword build, though it's more functional in the context of a Flier team due to the availability of Hone Fliers and/or Goad Fliers buff support.
-HP and -Resistance are both acceptable banes. It's worth considering that with weapon refinery, Palla's HP will be inflated to a massive 47 at neutral, enabling her to make use of the powerful Panic Ploy skill. -Defense is not recommended due to having a superbane (-4) as well as hurting her matchups versus her more common opponents, but it is hardly crippling.
|Wo Dao+ (+Spd)||A||Swift Sparrow 2
Budget: Fury 3
|Reposition||B||Hit and Run
Budget: Wings of Mercy 3
- Weapons: Wo Dao+ (+Speed)
- Support: Reposition / Draw Back
- Specials: Moonbow
- Passive A: Swift Sparrow / Fury / Life and Death
- Passive B: Hit and Run / Drag Back / Swordbreaker / Wings of Mercy
- Passive C: Goad Fliers / Panic Ploy / Def Ploy / Varies on Team
- Sacred Seals: Attack+3 / Speed+3
- Boon / Bane: +Speed / -Resistance, -HP
This build turns Palla into an offensive powerhouse, sporting 52/41 attack and speed with Swift Sparrow active. This build functions best when it has Flier buffs available to it (Hone Fliers and Goad Fliers), though they are not strictly necessary. Attack+3 is the best seal to use if Flier buffs are available. If not, Speed+3 is a safer choice due to this build being very heavily reliant on landing doubles.
Hit and Run is always a strong choice for offensive melee Fliers, and Palla is no exception. It synergizes perfectly with Swift Sparrow and other Fliers, by allowing Palla to move back after combat for extra safety. Drag Back is nearly identical, functionally. Swordbreaker can be used to provide better matchups versus speed demon sword units such as Mia and Ayra, as well as nullifying Wary Fighter and Swordbreaker on enemy sword units. Wings of Mercy is acceptable as a budget option, since Palla comes with it in her base kit.
Goad Fliers is a fine choice if running Palla in a Flier team, especially considering she comes with it in her base kit. If not running an -HP bane Palla, Panic Ploy is a viable choice due to her inflated HP as a result of having a refined weapon, allowing her to neuter pesky horse buffs and/or blade tome mages. Def Ploy is worth considering if not running a -Resistance bane; 26 base Resistance isn't exactly spectacular, but it's high enough that it will activate on the high Defense, low Resistance units (such as Hector) that Palla may sometimes have issues killing. Def Ploy works even better if running Fury for Palla's A slot.
|Brave Sword+||A||Swift Sparrow 2|
|Reciprocal Aid||B||Desperation 3|
- Weapons: Brave Sword+
- Support: Reciprocal Aid / Ardent Sacrifice / Reposition
- Specials: Luna / Moonbow / Galeforce
- Passive A: Swift Sparrow / Life and Death / Death Blow / Fury
- Passive B: Desperation / Hit and Run
- Passive C: Goad Fliers
- Sacred Seals: Speed+3, Attack+3, Quickened Pulse
- Boon / Bane: +Speed/+Attack, - HP/-Defense/-Resistance
This build is intended only for usage in Flier teams. With access to the massive buffs from Hone Fliers and/or Goad Fliers, Palla can make excellent use of a Brave Sword. Without these buffs, Palla's offensive stats simply aren't high enough to run this build to its full potential.
Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice are safe methods of getting Palla's HP into Desperation range in order to enable her to safely quad without retaliation. A -HP Palla can use Ardent Sacrifice to enter Desperation range, but any more than +2 merge will result in her HP being too high to do this, requiring the use of Reciprocal Aid to consistently enter Desperation Range. Note that Palla's bulk is high enough that she can usually take a hit to enter Desperation range, even with Life and Death, bypassing the need for either Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice.
Luna is the special of choice for a Brave build, as it is guaranteed to activate during a quad, while not wasting any charges if not landing a quad. Moonbow is an option if paired with the Quickened Pulse seal, allowing Palla to activate her special on her very first initiated combat. Galeforce is usable with a quad build due to the sheer number of attacks resulting in the massive cooldown being attainable.
Desperation is very important in a quad build, but Hit and Run is also acceptable to keep Palla safe after attacking.
|Wo Dao+ (+Spd)
Budget: Ruby Sword+
|Reposition||B||Quick Riposte 3
Budget: Quick Riposte 2
|SP||1,535||S||Atk Smoke 3|
- Weapons: Wo Dao+ (+Speed) / Slaying Edge+ (+Defense or +Resistance) / Ruby Sword+
- Support: Reposition
- Specials: Moonbow / Bonfire or Iceberg / Aether
- Passive A: Distant Counter
- Passive B: Quick Riposte / Swordbreaker / G Tomebreaker / Vantage
- Passive C: Goad Fliers / Panic Ploy 3
- Sacred Seals: Atk Smoke / Distant Def / Close Def / Panic Ploy / Speed+3
- Boon / Bane: +Speed, -Resistance/-Defense/-HP
Palla's balanced stat spread makes her an excellent user of Distant Counter. As always she works best in a Flier team, but it is not necessary for this build.
Moonbow works best with Wo Dao+ and Ruby Sword+, while Bonfire or Iceberg can be chosen to pair with the corresponding boost on a refined Slaying Edge+. Aether is a viable option for any weapon, as although you lose a significant amount of damage from lack of consistent special activations, you make up for it through the healing from Aether, allowing Palla to stay in Quick Riposte range longer. It also helps maximize arena score.
Quick Riposte is important to ensure doubles on Enemy Phase. Even after stacking speed boosts, Palla's speed will likely not be high enough to ensure doubles on speedier characters. However, if Palla is being run alongside Flier buffs, she can run a different B slot, such as Vantage. Swordbreaker and G Tomebreaker are useful to secure wins against tough matchups, such as Ayra, Mia, and Nino, particularly in the upper tiers of arena when you start facing higher merges.
Distant Def or Close Def seals allow Palla to be tankier versus certain matchups. If Panic Ploy is not available for inheritance, the seal will work great. Atk Smoke works well for any Enemy Phase-based unit that will potentially be fighting multiple enemies in a single turn. Otherwise, Speed+3 is always a strong choice to bolster Palla's ability to both avoid doubles, and double enemies herself.
Learns by default at 3 ★
Ruby SwordGives Atk+20% if weapon-triangle advantage, Atk-20% if disadvantage.
Learns by default at 4 ★
Unlocks at 3 ★
Ruby Sword+Gives Atk+20% if weapon-triangle advantage, Atk-20% if disadvantage.
Learns by default at 5 ★
Unlocks at 5 ★
|Wings of Mercy 1Enables unit to warp adjacent to any ally with HP ≤ 30%.||60||
Wings of Mercy 2Enables unit to warp adjacent to any ally with HP ≤ 40%.
Unlocks at 4 ★
Wings of Mercy 3Enables unit to warp adjacent to any ally with HP ≤ 50%.
Unlocks at 5 ★
|Spur Spd 1Grants adjacent allies Spd+2 during combat.||50||
Spur Spd 2Grants adjacent allies Spd+3 during combat.
Unlocks at 3 ★
Goad FliersGrants flying allies within 2 spaces Spd/Atk+4 during combat.
Requires Spur Atk 2 or Spur Spd 2.
Unlocks at 4 ★
Palla is a red sword flier with a highly balanced stat spread. While she does not have any huge, glaring weaknesses (aside from an innate weakness to archers shared by all fliers), she also does not have any areas that she particularly excels in. While she can be worked into most team compositions with little issue, she truly shines within the context of an all Flying team. Her summoning availability at 3-4 stars makes her an excellent candidate for merges, giving her easy long-term potential.
Palla also has to contend with being generally outshined by Elincia. Fortunately, there are a few roles that Palla can handle better. The addition of weapon refining has aided Palla's capabilities significantly.
Balanced stat spread results in good bulk
- Decent stats all around make her effective both in Player Phase and Enemy Phase
- Can easily tank both magic and physical damage, which is especially useful for a red unit to be able to do
- Her base Ruby Sword makes her nearly unstoppable versus green units
Excellent base kit and availability
- Every single one of Palla's skills are useful, both to herself and as fodder
- A budget build is very easy - just add an A slot (Fury) and an Assist
- As a 3-4 star summonable unit, Palla is easy to obtain, to get ideal IVs for, and to obtain merges for.
- Being able to traverse nearly all terrain is a big advantage
- Can provide team support via the Guidance seal or Reposition over otherwise uncrossable terrain
- Base kit Wings of Mercy allows her even more mobility
Balanced stat spread means she suffers offensively
- 31/31 attack and speed means Palla requires some investment to be able to be a significant offensive threat
- Outclassed by other Fliers, particularly Elincia
- More reliant on Flier buffs than others to reach full potential, though still not strictly necessary
Weakness to Archers
- As with all Fliers, Palla can easily be taken out by archers
- This is especially problematic considering Brave Lyn's prominence in Arena
- Most archers make short work of Palla due to their effective damage. Bulky archers such as Halloween Jakob and Leon present particularly nasty threats.
- Physically tanky blue units handily shut down Palla's offenses, such as Nowi, Lukas, and Shiro. They take minimal damage and can kill her with relative ease.
- Strong blue mages like Reinhardt and Linde can also handle Palla with ease if allowed to engage onto her.