|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
Olwen’s low base attack of 26 means that an attack boon is nearly mandatory if one is to use her. Speed is the next best boon followed by resistance. HP is next important, and finally, defense is her most useless stat.
|Blárblade+||A||Swift Sparrow 2
Budget: Fury 3
With her naturally high speed, Olwen outshines Ursula as the best Blade tome user. Swift Sparrow is the optimal A slot skill for damage, giving her a nice boost to her offenses. However if you want to take advantage of her resistance, Fury is a great alternative that makes her better at running Ploy skills and luring enemies. It also gives her more speed on the enemy phase, making her harder to KO for fast enemies. There aren't many good choices for her B slot skill, but Desperation works well once you get under the threshold.
|Dire Thunder||A||Life and Death 3|
Olwen is also a great user of her tome Dire Thunder, but is somewhat overshadowed by her brother thanks to her lower attack. However she can run a quad-attack build thanks to her high speed. It operates in much the same capacity as her Blade build, but is more offensive-leaning and relies much more on Desperation.
|Warding Blow 1Grants Res+2 during combat if unit initiates the attack.||50||
|Warding Blow 2Grants Res+4 during combat if unit initiates the attack.||100||
Warding Blow 3Grants Res+6 during combat if unit initiates the attack.
Unlocks at 5 ★
|Spur Res 1Grants adjacent allies Res+2 during combat||50||
|Spur Res 2Grants adjacent allies Res+3 during combat||100||
Spur Res 3Grants adjacent allies Res+4 during combat
Unlocks at 5 ★
- Great stat distribution, most notably speed.
- Combines cavalry class movement and buffs with Blade tome power.
- Can function as a magic tank.
- Low attack stat for an offensive unit, attack boon is nearly mandatory.
- Requires more support than her competitors.
Olwen has long lived in the shadow of her brother, an easier-to use unit with more straightforward power. Like him, she is a blue cavalry mage, but differentiates herself thanks to her blazing speed and great resistance. Olwen requires a bit more investment than her brother, but makes up for this by being usable as a magic tank. She doesn’t have as much raw damage as top ranged attackers, but with a Hone Cavalry, Olwen is sure to get the job done.
Great stat distribution, most notably speed.
- Olwen currently has the highest speed of any cavalry mage, at an astonishing base 34. Her main competition Ursula, sits at 32. Olwen also has good resistance, weighing in at 30. She is a great user of Ploy skills and can boost it higher with Fury. Although her defense is low, her high speed prevents most physical units from doubling her, making her more resilient than her brother Reinhardt.
Combines cavalry class movement and buffs with Blade tome power.
- Olwen is a born offensive powerhouse, thanks to her access to Blade tomes, cavalry movement and strong buffs. Being able to move three spaces gives Olwen many more opportunities to score KO’s than Infantry such as Linde, Delthea and Lute. Blade tomes synergise very well with class specific buffs such as Hone Cavalry, giving +12 total stats from just one unit.
Can function as a magic tank.
- Although Ursula can make the same claim, Olwen is one of few offensive units who can claim to be so effective at tanking magical damage. This is a major advantage over her brother Reinhardt, who is far too slow to avoid double attacks.
Low attack stat for an offensive unit, attack boon is nearly mandatory.
- Olwen’s statline leaves her with one glaring weakness: a pitiful attack stat of only 26. While this can be remedied somewhat with A slot skills and the raw damage of Blarblade, she really needs an attack boon to be definitively superior to Ursula.
Requires more support than her competitors.
- While Reinhardt can hit twice off the bat with his Dire Thunder, Olwen’s low attack means she relies on Blarblade, which requires support to function well. Although it is very easy to give her a Hone Cavalry buff, Reinhardt (as well as infantry mages who run Dark Aura) don’t need this support.
Unfortunately for Olwen, her brother’s reputation proceeds her. Nearly all teams run countermeasures to Reinhardt, and Olwen shares many of his counters. Green units with Distant Counter are her main concern. Hector, Dorcas as well as Distant Counter variants of Camilla, Titania, Amelia and Brave Ike also destroy Olwen. She has enough resistance to survive defensive green mages such as Boey and Merric, but can’t survive assaults from powerhouses such as Nino and Sonya. She must also beware of Brave Lyn, who ignores her buffs with Mulagir, and Reinhardt, who she cannot tank reliably without Deflect Magic.