|New Year Camilla - Holiday Traveler|
|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
- In most situations, you should drop either her hp or her resistance.
- Both speed and attack are extremely desirable as boons for Camilla. Defense is somewhat indifferent (albeit useful in defensive builds and playstyles).
|Firesweep Sword+||A||Life and Death 3|
|SP||2,250||S||Heavy Blade 3|
- Preferred nature: +atk/-hp / +spd/-hp
- Weapon: Firesweep Sword+
- Assist: Reposition
- Special: Galeforce
- A slot: Life and Death 3 / Fury 3
- B slot: Drag Back / Hit-and-Run
- C slot: Goad Fliers / Savage Blow 3
- S slot: Heavy Blade 3
Standard Firesweep flier build. You can't really go wrong with this one.
Life and Death is preferred in Camilla's case, as her base attack is somewhat underwhelming and may not always suffice to trigger Heavy Blade and therefore Galeforce well. On the other hand, this means lowering her otherwise great defense, which may be a bummer. If your team happens to include another flier running Hone Fliers (or the odd Attack Tactics user), Fury becomes the superior choice as she'll usually pull Heavy Blade off safely then.
Two other consideratoins that make Fury more desirable: the presence of a Wings of Mercy dancer (after a few engagements, Camilla will find herself in-range for them to teleport nearby), and Summoner Support.
Drag Back vs Hit-and-Run is largely a matter of playstyle - Drag Back gives you more control over the game's flow, and is especially interesting if you have other units who might want to come finish Camilla's surviving foes off; Hit-and-Run focuses on safety instead, which means it can't be used to break formations.
C-slot, as usual, is mostly a matter of playstyle.
|Kadomatsu+ (+Def)||A||Spd/Def Bond 3|
- Preferred nature: +def/-res / +def/-hp
- Weapon: Kadomatsu+ (+def)
- Assist: Swap / Reposition
- Special: Bonfire
- A slot: Spd/Def Bond 3 / Distant Counter
- B slot: Renewal 3 / Quick Riposte 3
- C slot: Ward Fliers
- S slot: Iote Shield
By stacking a defense boon, a defensive weapon refinement and Spd/Def Bond, Camilla can reach 43 natural defense when positioned next to an ally (while sporting at least 40 speed). This can be further improved by Ward/Fortify Fliers, by unit support and by Spurs, potentially giving Camilla nigh-armor durability on the physical side of the spectrum.
Of course, this set absolutely requires the Iote Shield seal as one of its jobs is to neutralise archers for friendly fliers.
Swap vs Reposition depends on your team and your playstyle. As a high-defense physical tank, Camilla gets a lot of mileage out of Swap as she can perform defensive swaps without modifying positions (formations) too much; Reposition, meanwhile, is still as universally good as always.
This build can easily be converted into a physical bait-and-nuke by switching to Distant Counter + Quick Riposte, in which case Camilla turns into a red, flying Hector of sorts. This isn't necessarily a fantastic proposition though, with the growing presence of dragons and high-BST magic users - you probably shouldn't do this unless you really want to maximize Camilla's Arena scoring potential.
|Wo Dao+||A||Fury 3|
|SP||1,775||S||Heavy Blade 3|
- Preferred nature: +spd/-res / +atk/-res
- Weapon: Wo Dao+ (+spd or +atk) / Brave Sword+
- Assist: Reposition
- Special: Reprisal / Moonbow / Noontime / Aether
- A slot: Fury 3 / Life and Death 3 / Spd/Def Bond 3
- B slot: Desperation 3
- C slot: Ward Fliers
- S slot: Heavy Blade 3 / Brash Assault 3
Somewhat standard Desperation build, with Heavy Blade abuse included for giggles. Heavy Blade allows you to either fire your Special at every engagement (assuming you're doubling) or quickload Aether to fire it every other engagement (still assuming you're doubling). In the latter case, you'll want to abuse Fury to bait foes and charge during enemy phase, and release during player phase.
Alternately, use Brash Assault and Brave Sword+ to land more hits - but then you'll start to suffer from Camilla's milding base attack.
New Year Camilla is best described as a slightly less offensive Elincia who is also not wielding Amiti but has some real physical bulk to make up for it. Unsurprisingly, the absence of Amiti forces Camilla into different playstyles than Elincia and they end up with very different usages in spite of very similar offensive statlines.
At her core, New Year Camilla is a physical duelist - and a fairly good one, at that. As long as you maintain support on her and remember not to throw her at blue foes or mages, she'll serve you well.
- Excellent combination of attack, defense and speed, making Camilla a great physical duelist.
- Good at providing defensive support, especially to friendly fliers through the stacking of Ward Fliers and Kadomatsu (+6/+6 defense/resistance to nearby fliers).
- Can actually hold her own against archers if she's holding the Iote Shield Seal, potentially providing a way to safely bait them out of cover.
- Genuinely physically tough with the right teammates, to the point of competing with some of the frailer armors. This, while remaining a flier.
- Somewhat unsalvageable resistance (although that's also the reason why her other stats are this good).
- Her base attack is good, not great - she'll have a hard time really shining without serious support from teammates.
Camilla's most absolute counter is high-attack blue magic users such as Linde, Lute, Delthea and Nowi. She more generally dislikes fighting blue units with high offense and defense, such as Effie and Ephraim.
Builds not wielding the Iote Shield are obviously scared of archers; builds wielding the Iote Shield, on the other hand, will laugh at most archers (unless they're wielding the shield but not skills normally used with it).
|Kadomatsu+ (+Atk) Grants Def/Res+2 during combat to allies within 2 spaces.||+5||350||1||16|
|Kadomatsu+ (+Spd) +3Grants Def/Res+2 during combat to allies within 2 spaces.||+5||350||1||14|
|Kadomatsu+ (+Def) +4 Grants Def/Res+2 during combat to allies within 2 spaces.||+5||350||1||14|
|Kadomatsu+ (+Res) +4 Grants Def/Res+2 during combat to allies within 2 spaces.||+5||350||1||14|
|Spd/Def Bond 1Grants Spd/Def+3 to unit during combat if adjacent to an ally.||60||
|Spd/Def Bond 2Grants Spd/Def+4 to unit during combat if adjacent to an ally.||120||
Spd/Def Bond 3Grants Spd/Def+5 to unit during combat if adjacent to an ally.
Unlocks at 5 ★
|Spur Def 1Grants adjacent allies Def+2 during combat.||50||
|Spur Def 2Grants adjacent allies Def+3 during combat.||100||
Ward FliersGrants flying allies within 2 spaces Def/Res+4 during combat.
Requires Spur Def 2 or Spur Res 2.
Unlocks at 5 ★