|New Year Azura - Celebratory Spirit|
|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
Before looking at movement and unit type, Azura has a very strong speed stat and a lowish attack stat, rounding out with a low defense and decent resistance. Getting her at +Spd will always be your best option- the faster she is, the less likely she is to get doubled, which mitigates her poor defenses. +Atk makes her into a more reliable combat unit, though considering her unit type, this isn't necessarily where she'd shine. This can be done at the expense of her defenses, preferably -hp. In the end, her IVs matter less than a strictly combat unit due to her utility as a team support.
|Sing||B||Flier Formation 3
Budget: Wings of Mercy 3
|SP||1,060||S||Fortify Def 3|
- Preferred IVs: +Spd -HP | Alternate: +Res, +Atk, -Def, -Res
- Weapon: Hagoita+ (+spd forge)
- Assist: Sing
- Special: Moonbow | Iceberg
- A Slot: Fury | Triangle Adept | Swift Sparrow
- B Slot: Flier Formation | Wings of Mercy | Geyser Dance
- C Slot: Hone Fliers | Guidance | Drive Spd
- Seal: Fortify Def | Guidance | Attack Ploy
Azura is optimized to support fliers and this set will allow her to do so to her full capacity- though with a few small tweaks, it can also work to support her infantry and armored allies as well.
With the suggested set, Azura can not only sing, but also offer her nearby flier allies +6/+6/+6/+2 buffs during combat. If Geyser Dance is inherited, she can use Attack Ploy in her seal slot and offer one ally +6/+6/+6/+6 after dancing them. Flier Formation is still preferred due to the remarkable synergy with flier emblem- this dramatically increases her mobility with an all flier team, allowing her to teleport as many as four spaces away to dance a unit five spaces away.
If using her with infantry or armored allies, Wings of Mercy or Geyser Dance would likely be preferred, as well as utilizing Guidance in either the C slot or seal slot for increased mobility. Drive Spd is an interesting option in the C slot, as it will pair with her weapon to offer her nearby allies +0/+3/+2/+2 in buffs, which can be very nice for more defensive units.
Her special and A slot are more about using her offensively and don't matter quite so much, though she has the Res to counter blue mages and utilize Iceberg, while having the speed to make the most of Swift Sparrow. Triangle Adept will likely be your safest bet and will help her to fall into the comfortable niche of TA dancers.
|Slaying Axe+ (+Spd)||A||Swift Sparrow 2|
- Preferred IVs: +Spd -HP | Alternate: +Res, +Atk, -Def, -Res
- Weapon: Slaying Axe + (+spd forge) | Alternate: Emerald Axe +
- Assist: Sing
- Special: Luna | Iceberg | Glacies
- A Slot: Swift Sparrow | Distant Counter | Fury
- B Slot: Desperation | Quick Riposte | Wings of Mercy
- C Slot: Hone Fliers | Def Ploy | Team Buff
- Seal: Spd +3 | Quickened Pulse | Atk +3
Being able to receive +6 buffs ensures that NY Azura is absolutely a combat capable unit, despite her lower stat total. With this set, her speed reaches 44- 49 on initiating an attack with Swift Sparrow. This helps her to double for a Luna or Iceberg proc, which will further add to her damage.
Iceberg will offer you a guaranteed +13 damage, whereas Luna will do more damage if your opponent has higher defenses- Luna is generally preferable except in niche cases, or if your Azura has a +Res IV.
Swift Sparrow supplements both of her offensive stats nicely, giving her an instant +4 to her impressive speed and +4 to her previously-mediocre attack power for a fast green nuke. However, you can also run DC here if you'd like to utilize her decent Res stat- with this, Quick Riposte would be ideal, as it helps her to take down fast ranged units who ordinarily she wouldn't be able to double, such as Nino, Delthea, and Linde. Emerald Axe is also optimal with a DC build so that she can reliably counter Reinhardts and other blue mages who may threaten your team.
Her Res is almost too low to be able to recommend Def Ploy, but if your Azura is +Res, it becomes a far more attractive option. Hone Fliers or your team buff of choice is also a good option to have, which will allow her to function as more of a hybrid support/damage unit.
Finally, her seal will help her to increase her speed up to 44 (with Spd IV and spd forge). Alternatively, she can run Quickened Pulse alongside Glacies in order to proc it quickly at the beginning of the fight.
- Flying Dancer
- Fantastic support unit for both flier emblem and infantry/armor units
- Good speed
- Low defenses
- Lower base stat total- will lower arena score
- Subpar combat unit
As the first flying dancer and thusfar the only non-infantry dancer, Azura is previously uncharted territory. She boasts the same offensive stats as Shanna, with high speed and low attack, though her defenses are poorer. This makes her the fastest green axe flier to date. While she should predominately be played as a support unit, her speed and not-insignificant attack allows her to duck into combat in a pinch and put in some work against blue units, particularly mages and dragons.
Don't let her lower stat total fool you, either- Azura is now the only dancer capable of receiving emblem buffs, meaning that on a flier team she can potentially be defensively buffed +6/+6 to cover her weaker defenses, as well as offensively buffed (if you have another Hone Flier unit) to reach atk/spd of 36/41 before weapon or IVs are counted. All of this together means that her combat capabilities are more than meets the eye if played on a team that can support her as she supports them.
Even if you aren't playing her on a flier emblem team, her mobility allows for significant control over the battlefield and she'll be able to assist your units in a wholly unique way: not only can she passively buff nearby teammates by +2 def/ +2 res, and not only can she fly over forest or rocky terrain to dance her teammates, but she can also equip the Guidance seal, allowing for incredible team maneuverability on the battlefield.
- Her support utility is entirely unique in the game- capable of not only dancing, but also buffing her allies through her default weapon and B and C slot skills
- She also can help her infantry or armor team with their initial movement through usage of Guidance
- Her decent speed- the best in class for her weapon/movement type combo- helps to prevent her from being doubled in combat, which helps to offset her squishiness
- This also makes her decent to use offensively in a pinch, as she's more inclined to double her opponent than any other green flier
- Like all other Azuras, NY Azura has a decent res stat, which allows her to soak a little damage from blue dragons and mages. She works decently as a Nowi bait/counter and can work to bait other blue mages with some care. An unbuffed +10 +Atk IV Death Blow Reinhardt leaves neutral unmerged NY Azura at 1 HP.
- Azura will not be tanking much, nor is she capable of trading many blows. Her speed may save her from being ORKOd by blues, but her defenses aren't going to give her any sort of sustain if she sees combat too many times
- Her low HP puts her at risk of being panicked if you rely on buffing her to clear out enemy blues
- Her attack leaves something to be desired at 30 neutral. While it's higher than some units, it's generally right on the brink of usability.
- She will not be your main damage dealer by any means and may have difficulty killing bulkier blue units
Default kit does not benefit her
- NY Azura has no skills or weapon effects that benefit her as a unit- everything she comes with revolves around supporting her teammates.
- While this makes her a great out-of-the-box support unit, it offers her poor utility in terms of being a standalone fighter
In a one on one combat situation, Azura is easily countered.
- Almost all red units, such as Ayra, Mia, Ryoma, and Ike will make mincemeat out of her.
- A majority of green units, such as Hector, Dorcas, Minerva, and Brave Ike will be able to handle her easily
- Even some strong blues, such as Effie, Ephraim, or Tana would likely be able to take her on, provided they were properly built.
- Of course, due to her movement type, all archers will be a threat to her, such as CYL Lyn, Halloween Jakob, Klein, or Takumi.
The challenge in defeating a team with a NY Azura isn't necessarily from defeating her as a unit, but rather taking her down before her team utilizes her support skills to overwhelm your team. This is done more through tactics and strategy than anything else.
|Hagoita+ (+Atk) Grants Def/Res+2 during combat to allies within 2 spaces.||+5||350||1||16|
|Hagoita+ (+Spd) +3Grants Def/Res+2 during combat to allies within 2 spaces.||+5||350||1||14|
|Hagoita+ (+Def) +4 Grants Def/Res+2 during combat to allies within 2 spaces.||+5||350||1||14|
|Hagoita+ (+Res) +4 Grants Def/Res+2 during combat to allies within 2 spaces.||+5||350||1||14|
|Earth Dance 1If Sing or Dance is used, target also granted Def+2.||50||
|Earth Dance 2If Sing or Dance is used, target also granted Def+3.||100||
Earth Dance 3If Sing or Dance is used, target also granted Def+4.
Unlocks at 5 ★
|Hone Spd 1Grants adjacent allies Spd+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn.||50||
|Hone Spd 2Grants adjacent allies Spd+3 through their next actions at the start of each turn.||100||
Hone FliersGrants adjacent flying allies Atk/Spd+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.
Requires Hone Atk 2 or Hone Spd 2.
Unlocks at 5 ★