|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
- +ATK capitalizes on Lukas' already great ATK and can be used to secure a few more KO's on tankier blue units during Enemy Phase
- +DEF bolsters Lukas' longevity even further, ensuring he can safely tank and charge up his Special
- -SPD is probably the greatest stat to dump on Lukas as his already atrocious SPD won't avoid him from getting doubled
- -RES is another notable option as Lukas won't survive most magic based attacks either way
Budget: Killer Lance+
Budget: Fortress Def 3
|Reposition||B||Quick Riposte 3
Budget: Quick Riposte 2
|Ignis||C||Threaten Atk 3|
|SP||1,995||S||Panic Ploy 3|
- Weapon: Slaying Lance+
- Support Skill: Reposition
- Special: Ignis / Bonfire / Aether
- A Slot: Steady Breath / Fortress Def 3
- B Slot: Quick Riposte 3
- C Slot: Threaten Atk 3 / Threaten Def 3 / Varies On Team
- Sacred Seal: Panic Ploy 3
Similar to Brave Ike, Lukas can quickly charge up his Special with a combination of Slaying Lance (or the Killer variant) and Steady Breath making things like 3-turn Aethers or 1-turn Bonfires possible. By abusing this ramped Special charge, Lukas' damage output on Enemy Phase can go through the roof with proper positioning. The choice between Ignis, Bonfire, and Aether has a relatively small impact on Lukas' ability to perform and can be swapped out for whatever the player desires.
Quick Riposte is a must have for this set as it turns Lukas' mediocre Enemy Phase into a phenomenal one. Most units will be able to outspeed Lukas which actual plays to his advantage as he gets more Special charge. Having your Special primed for your second shot thanks to Quick Riposte makes light work of any squishy foe.
While always flexible, the C skill Threaten Atk synergizes quite nicely with Lukas as it can negate the offensive capabilities of the few units that can pierce through his defenses. Think about Threaten Atk like an insurance policy.
|Brave Lance+||A||Death Blow 3
Budget: Fury 3
|Moonbow||C||Threaten Def 3|
- Weapon: Brave Lance+
- Support Skill: Reposition
- Special: Moonbow / Luna / Bonfire
- A Slot: Death Blow 3 / Fire Boost 3 / Fury 3
- B Slot: Drag Back / Lancebreaker 3 / Desperation 3
- C Slot: Threaten Def 3 / Varies On Team
- Sacred Seal: Quickened Pulse / Brash Assault 3
Because of his low SPD and high ATK, Lukas can also run the ubiquitous Brave build popularized by units like Chrom and Cherche. Thanks to Quickened Pulse and Moonbow, Lukas' initiation becomes straight-up deadly. This two-hit assault can be even further enhanced with an ATK steroid A skill like Death Blow or Fire Boost both giving an extra 12 damage. Drag Back or the same colored breaker is the standard B skill for most Brave users and works for Lukas just as well.
With the addition of the Brash Assault seal, a variant of Brave builds have been created that gives slower units the ability to non-stop quad. The stipulation to this dream scenario is that the unit has to be under 50% AND be the one initiating combat. While tricky to pull off, the Brash Assault + Desperation combo can be quite fun to use if you're looking to deviate from meta builds.
|Slaying Lance+Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).||300||1||14|
|Slaying Lance+ (+Atk) Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).||+5||350||1||16|
|Slaying Lance+ (+Res) +4 Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).||+5||350||1||14|
|Slaying Lance+ (+Def) +4 Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).||+5||350||1||14|
|Slaying Lance+ (+Spd) +3Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).||+5||350||1||14|
|Fortress Def 1Grants Def+3. Inflicts Atk-3.||40||
Fortress Def 2Grants Def+4. Inflicts Atk-3.
Unlocks at 4 ★
Fortress Def 3Grants Def+5. Inflicts Atk-3.
Unlocks at 5 ★
|Obstruct 1Prevents foes from moving through adjacent spaces while this unit's HP ≥ 90%. (No effect on foes with a Pass skill.)||50||
|Obstruct 2Prevents foes from moving through adjacent spaces while this unit's HP ≥ 70%. (No effect on foes with a Pass skill.)||100||
Obstruct 3Prevents foes from moving through adjacent spaces while this unit's HP ≥ 50%. (No effect on foes with a Pass skill.)
Unlocks at 4 ★
Comparable to many armored units, Lukas is built like an absolute tank when it comes to soaking physical hits. His 45 HP and 38 DEF make him one of the best infantry walls in the game, being able to take multiple hits before going down. His ATK, similarly, is also no joke. At a base 35, Lukas' ATK rivals a majority of the premium offensive units while still retaining top tier physical soak.
However, because of his lopsided stat distribution, his remaining stats, SPD and RES, are borderline terrible. With only 22 SPD and 17 RES, Lukas will have a penchant for getting doubled and getting dunked on by magic users. Despite him being susceptible to magic, Lukas makes for quite the specialist as he can easily soak up physical damage and quickly charge his Special. By abusing his innately high DEF, his Bonfire or Ignis damage will leave a marginal dent in any unit.
Incredible physical bulk
- Equipped with above average HP, DEF, and a good defensive color, Lukas is a premier infantry tank
Fantastic base ATK
- Unlike other tanks, Lukas' 35 ATK makes sure his attacks hit hard while still retaining good tank stats
Synergy with Bonfire and Ignis
- Because of his innately high DEF, scaling specials that depend on DEF like Ignis or Bonfire hurt even harder when coming from Lukas
- With only 22 base SPD, Lukas will have trouble avoiding doubles from glass cannon mages who can easily two-shot him
Very prone to magic users
- In conjunction with his low SPD, his even worse RES guarantees he won't be able to safely tank dragons or mages
Susceptible to ranged attacks
- Unlike other enemy phase tanks, Lukas does not readily have access to Distant Counter which makes dealing with ranged units slightly more annoying
Lukas has almost absolutely no chance surviving punishment from magical enemies, especially green and blue tome users. A majority of these popular mages will kill him in one round of combat. Also be wary of surprise TA green units as they can actually do a decent job of hurting Lukas.
- Reinhardt, Olwen, and Ursula - blue calvary mages that either run a Brave tome or have good SPD to deal with Lukas
- Linde, Mae, Spring Lucina, Delthea, and Bridal Caeda - fast blue mages that can double Lukas and can one if not two-shot him
- Nino, Summer Elise, Julia, and any other green mages - against Lukas' terrible RES these units will rip straight through him
- Nowi and Fae - powerful dragons that deal magic damage and often carry Quick Riposte