|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
Katarina's most important stat is Speed, followed by Attack. Even a -Atk +Speed Katarina is still much better than all other IVs, thanks to the huge power Blade Tome brings. +Speed is also great as it allows her to double many meta units and avoid some crucial double attacks from high speed tier units.
Defense is her weakest stat unless the player is planning on using her as a Raven Tome unit. -HP is also workable, as it has less value than Def and Res for Raven Tome build thanks to the triangle adept bonus. -Res is also decent as she already has fantastic Res.
|Rauðrblade+||A||Swift Sparrow 2|
|Ardent Sacrifice||B||Desperation 3|
|Glacies||C||Threaten Spd 3|
- Weapon: Raudrblade / Raudrowl
- Assist: Ardent Sacrifice / Reciprocal Aid
- Special: Glacies / Aether
- Passive A: Swift Sparrow / Life and Death / Fury
- Passive B: Desperation
- Passive C: Threaten Speed / Varies on Team
- Boon/bane: +Speed - Def
- Sacred Seals: Speed +1
A cookie cutter Blade tome build that Katarina along with Celica and Tharja can run well. The main advantage Katarina has over her competitors is her natural access to Swift Sparrow, one of the best A slots for Blade Tome users. The downside is the need to sacrifice Tharja for her Tome.
Katarina's performance as a Blade Tome user is more or less the same as Tharja, and is better paired with a Dancer and a strong buffer for maximum sweeping potential.
Ardent Sacrifice / Reciprocal Aid gets her in Desperation's range, where she shines.
Swift Sparrow is her default skill and the marginal difference between it and Life and Death makes it not worth giving her Life and Death (unless you have a lot of resources to spare). Fury improves her survivability, but is only an alternative if you decide to use her as bait for green mages, otherwise Swift Sparrow is better.
Blade Tome is so powerful that Specials are hardly needed. Glacies can be used if players want to deal significant damage to blue units. Otherwise, Aether or any AoE specials can be used to raise Arena score.
If the players do not have Raudrblade, her default tome Raudrowl is an inferior but workable substitute, granting her a lot of free stats as long as she is surrounded by allies. It is harder to use and its performance is a lot worse than even the lower rarity version of Raudrblade, but will have better defensive value thanks to the Def/Res buff.
|Rauðrraven+||A||Triangle Adept 3|
|Reposition||B||Quick Riposte 3|
|Glacies||C||Hone Spd 3|
- Weapon: Raudrraven
- Assist: Reposition / Draw Back
- Special: Glacies / Aether
- Passive A: Triangle Adept / Distant Def
- Passive B: Quick Riposte / Swordbreaker
- Passive C: Hone Speed / Varies on Team
- Boon/bane: +Speed - Res
- Sacred Seals: HP+3
Katarina makes a decent Raven Tome user thanks to her good Resistance, Speed, and Attack. With a Speed boon of 37, she will not be doubled by most versions of Spring Camilla, Kagero or Brave Bow Cordelia's (the three biggest threats a red Raven Tome user is expected to handle). Distant Def can be used over TA for the benefit of not being cancelled by Cancel Affinity, at the cost of offensive power against colorless/green.
Quick Riposte allows her to one shot most colorless high Res ranged units like Niles or Felicia. It also allows her to one shot Spring Camilla if she is fully buffed with Hone and Fortify Fliers.
If you prefer better coverage, Swordbreaker can be used to improve her potential matchups. However, Quick Riposte helps compensate for her poor Defense as she still struggles against most versions of Ryoma and Ike.
|Rauðrowl+ (+Atk) During combat, unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res boosted by number of adjacent allies x 2.||+2||350||2||12|
|Rauðrowl+ (+Res) +3 During combat, unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res boosted by number of adjacent allies x 2.||+2||350||2||11|
|Rauðrowl+ (+Def) +3 During combat, unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res boosted by number of adjacent allies x 2.||+2||350||2||11|
|Rauðrowl+ (+Spd) +2During combat, unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res boosted by number of adjacent allies x 2.||+2||350||2||11|
|Death Blow 1Grants Atk+2 if unit initiates combat.||50||
|Swift Sparrow 1If unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk/Spd+2 during battle.||120||
Swift Sparrow 2If unit initiates combat, unit granted Atk/Spd+4 during battle.
Unlocks at 5 ★
|Atk Ploy 1At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Atk-3 until the end of foe's next action.||60||
|Atk Ploy 2At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Atk-4 until the end of foe's next action.||120||
Atk Ploy 3At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Atk-5 until the end of foe's next action.
Unlocks at 5 ★
Katarina is an offensive-oriented Red mage with high Resistance, good Speed and Attack. She has the same offensive stats as Tharja but without the default Blade tome. She will make a fantastic addition to any team looking for a strong red mage.
Due to her stat spread, Katarina excels as a Blade Tome mage and can perform well as a Raven Tome user. Her default tome, Raudrowl, unfortunately is ill-suited to her poor HP and Defense, as it is better on tankier candidate like Sophia.
- Katarina has a base speed of 34, tied with Tharja for highest among Red mages.
- Although not at a Linde or Nino level, with the right boon, buffs and Swift Sparrow, she can outspeed a lot of meta units.
Good base Attack:
- 32 base attack (same as Tharja and Celica)
- With Blade Tome, she can reach a great level of offensive power, and as a Raven Tome user, she can still dish out good damage.
- 32 base Res makes her a fantastic magic tank when needed, and thus allow her to challenge Sanaki, Sophia and Lilina as a contender for the Raven Tome user spot
- Blue units are her dedicated counters. Unit such as Linde, Mae, Nowi, Bridal Caeda or Olwen have good Resistance and can counter her attack from range, making them dangerous foes to attack into.
- Camus has a natural Distant Counter and high enough attack to plow through her Defenses with his counterattack. He also has good base speed to avoid getting doubled and is particularly dangerous in Cavalry teams.
- Strong Brave users can one shot her due to her poor defense. Bridal Cordelia, Effie, Reinhardt, Chrom, Cordelia, Charlotte, Donnel, Hinoka are some good examples.
- Kagero is deadly as she can one shot Katarina regardless of IV due to Poison Dagger. She also has decent Res and Speed that makes it hard for Katarina to attack into her.
- Niles or Felicia are dedicated mage killers and are some of the toughest units to attack into for Katarina.