|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
- Nowi isn't tanking anything soon, so most of the time you'll just want to maximise atk or spd.
- +spd is especially recommended for Blade builds, as Nowi's spd is otherwise underwhelming.
- +atk makes Vantage and BrashDesp builds slightly more menacing.
- Drop either hp or def depending on availability and preference. Dropping def is optimal as, again, Nowi isn't tanking anything anytime soon but this is especially true for the physical side of the spectrum.
Budget: Atk Res Bond 3
|Dragon Fang||C||Spd Ploy 3
Budget: Hone Fliers
- Preferred nature: +spd/-hp
- Weapon: Raudrblade+
- Assist: Reposition
- Special: Dragon Fang / Draconic Aura / Moonbow
- A slot: Fury 3 / Life and Death 3 / Atk Res Bond 3
- B slot: Desperation 3
- C slot: Spd Ploy 3 / Threaten Spd 3 / Res Ploy 3 / Hone Fliers
- S slot: Spd+3 / Brash Assault 3
As usual with flying mages, Blade is a viable build.
Dragon Fang vs Draconic Aura vs Moonbow is mostly a matter of rhythm. Dragon Fang will require five hits to load, which is a long time (probably too long in most Arena scenarios) - but it will usually allow Nowi to kill anything that would normally resist her upon activation. Draconic Aura is a more intermediate pick, and Moonbow will fire every other engagement assuming Nowi doubles her foes.
Life and Death should be run with Threaten Spd, as it makes Nowi's res way too low to ploy anything and as Nowi's relatively low spd is her main liability. If you're running Fury, Ploys become a feasible prospect. Red swords, who tend to be fast and have low res, will usually fall to Nowi's Spd Ploy and allow her to double them. Or alternately you can run Res Ploy for better perforation, or just Hone Fliers for team play.
Atk Res Bond requires position management, and as such is considered the budget, weaker option here (in most cases, Blade builds will vastly overkill anything they hit and not really care about two points in atk). Keep in mind Ploys aren't boosted by Atk Res Bond, as this is only active during combat.
Seal selection is pretty straightforward. Spd+3 patches Nowi's relatively low spd and allows her to double more things, whereas Brash Assault combines well with Desperation and allows Nowi to defeat units with Distant Counter and mage baiters with relative ease. This is especially relevant against Deirdre, who otherwise resists Nowi's magic.
Budget: Atk Res Bond 3
Budget: Swordbreaker 3
|Noontime||C||Spur Spd 3|
- Preferred nature: +atk/-hp
- Weapon: Grimoire
- Assist: Reposition / Smite / Ardent Sacrifice
- Special: Noontime / Aether / Moonbow
- A slot: Fury 3 / Triangle Adept 3 / Atk Res Bond 3
- B slot: Renewal 3 / Swordbreaker 3 / Escape Route 3
- C slot: Spur Spd 3 / Goad Fliers / Ward Fliers / Breath of Life 3
- S slot: Guidance 3 / Spur Atk 3 / Spur Spd 3 / Breath of Life 3
This build might as well be three or four builds, and is very much a pick-your-trick build in concept. You'll need to actually think about what you want Nowi to do for your teams.
Reposition and Smite are position supports, and they can be used to move teammates around with relative ease. Thanks to Grimoire, this will be much easier than usual - Nowi should be able to displace anyone within two spaces of her position. Alternately, Ardent Sacrifice allows Nowi to be a pseudo healer but requires more careful movement as Grimoire's uptime depends on Nowi's health.
Noontime and Aether are two ways to keep Nowi's health high so that Grimoire keeps working. Noontime should probably be preferred, as Grimoire Nowi usually won't be attacking a lot. Moonbow, meanwhile, is just a reliable damage increase.
Fury pairs with Renewal; Triangle Adept allows Nowi some leeway with position play by making it somewhat acceptable to evacuate allies and remain in the attack area of green units. Atk Res Bond is just a generally powerful skill that works well with Grimoire, should you opt for more offensive playstyles.
If Renewal is available, it's usually going to be ideal. It synergizes well with Grimoire, and allows Nowi to run Fury without any hesitation. Else, Swordbreaker is a good second choice, and Escape Route makes Grimoire get stronger instead of shutting down when Nowi's below 50% hp by removing the distance limitation.
C-slot is pretty liberal here (even more so than usual as a big part of Grimoire's point is C-slot abuse), and should be considered in tandem with S-slot. For instance, you can pick Breath of Life on both slots to double its effect, or run two Spurs (either an assortment i.e. Atk/Spd, or a pile i.e. Spd/Spd or Atk/Atk). In flier teams, Goad and Ward are superior options for obvious reasons.
|Moonbow||C||Res Ploy 3
Budget: Threaten Res 3
|SP||1,710||S||Brash Assault 3|
- Preferred nature: +atk/-hp
- Weapon: Raudrblade+ / Raudrraven+
- Assist: Reposition / Reciprocal Aid
- Special: Moonbow
- A slot: Fury 3 / Life and Death 3 / Triangle Adept 3
- B slot: Desperation 3
- C slot: Res Ploy 3 / Threaten Res 3 / Threaten Spd 3
- S slot: Brash Assault 3
Mostly a PvE build. Once under 50% hp, Nowi will double-hit anyone capable of hitting her back before they get the chance to do so, which can quickly turn into a carnage if she's receiving sufficient support.
Blade vs Raven is mostly a matter of team needs. Blade ends up being similar or even identical to standard Blade build; Raven makes her capable of hunting colorless units, and is especially relevant if you're running Triangle Adept as well. (Don't think of Nowi as a Triangle Adept Raven unit, though - she isn't meant to bait archers, and will die to them in a single move.)
Reposition pairs with Fury, Reciprocal Aid pairs with Life and Death. Either is fine if you're running Triangle Adept, as Nowi should be able to boot through green baiting with that skill.
Moonbow is the preferred Special as you want to fire your Special as often as possible to increase damage output.
Fury vs Life and Death vs Triangle Adept is, unsurprisingly, a matter of playstyle and team needs. Fury makes Nowi more autonomous (she will be capable of booting on her own just through Fury's recoil), Life and Death makes her dependent on team support for booting purposes, and Triangle Adept shifts her role to strong anti-green and especially anti-Hector.
Res Ploy goes with Fury, Threatens go with Life and Death and Triangle Adept.
If unit has ≥ 50% HP, unit can move to a space adjacent to an ally within 2 spaces.
Moves adjacent ally to opposite side of unit.
Grants Atk/Res+3 to this unit during combat if unit is adjacent to an ally.
Grants Atk/Res+4 to this unit during combat if unit is adjacent to an ally.
Grants Atk/Res+5 to this unit during combat if unit is adjacent to an ally.
If unit survives, get 1.5x shards/crystals from a Training Tower map. (If similar skill effects also used, only highest multiplier applied.)
Grants adjacent allies Atk+2 through their next actions at the start of each turn.
Grants adjacent allies Atk+3 through their next actions at the start of each turn.
Grants adjacent flying allies Atk/Spd+6 through their next actions at the start of each turn.
- Requires Hone Atk 2 or Hone Spd 2.
- She's a flying mage. This, in itself, is already a huge pro because it gives Nowi one of the best offensive ranges in the game as well as access to class buffing.
- When compared with Spring Camilla, she's much faster and nearly as good at dealing damage; when compared with Summer Corrin, she's slightly slower but hits harder.
- Great atk and spd.
- Grimoire makes her exceptionally mobile, and in turn this increased mobility makes her an excellent team player.
- This isn't limited to flier teams. Grimoire works everywhere.
- Overall low Base Stat Total (BST). And since she's a limited unit, up-merging her is a tricky ordeal.
- She could actually use a couple more points in spd. As-is, her min-max game is pretty tame and she's wasting some BST on def.
- Speaking of def, Nowi's defensive statline is pretty bad. She's not going to survive any kind of physical assault, and most mages will be able to threaten her as well.
After Spring Camilla and Summer Corrin, here comes the game's first red flier mage. Nowi's statline is extremely reminiscent of Summer Corrin's, with a couple points moved from spd to atk; as such, Nowi is an obvious Blade Tome enthusiast.
However, unlike the other flying mages, Nowi also gets a personal weapon named Grimoire. Grimoire allows her to warp next to nearby allies as long as her hp is above 50%, effectively allowing her pseudo 3-range movement. This unique ability creates equally unique support roles that only Nowi can fill, and these roles work in nearly every possible team - so consider teaching her the associated skills if you're interested in running Nowi outside of flier teams.
- Great at offense in specialized flier teams with Blade Tome.
- Also great at team support thanks to Grimoire's unique warping ability.
- Slightly disappointing min-max. She could use a more polarized stat spread.
- Expect her to die at the first physical hit she receives, and don't bet too heavily on her res either.
- Generally speaking, Nowi is frail and her color isn't helping in any way.
Wary Fighter Effie can't be killed by Nowi no matter what, and she will kill Nowi the moment their gazes cross (especially if Effie happens to have Distant Counter in her build).
Deirdre can also be a problem, and will usually tank Nowi with little difficulty thanks to Divine Naga's complete negation of everything the Blade builds rely on. Depending on Deirdre's build and nature, she might actually kill Nowi on the bait.
Nowi is extremely frail, and won't survive any serious physical assault. The best way to defeat her is probably to kill her before she gets to attack you.