|Gunnthrá - Voice of Dreams|
|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
Gunnthra finds herself mostly in need of attack and speed. Attack is more important for Cavalry teams, as she will have plenty of speed after a Hone Cavalry and her Chilling Seal debuffs. However both are important for mixed teams. Of her defensive stats, she prefers resistance to defense and HP. Strong resistance enables her to run effective Ploy skills, giving her more damage with her Blizzard tome. Defense is her least important stat.
Budget: Res Ploy 3
|SP||1,425||S||Heavy Blade 3|
Gunnthra is strongest within a Cavalry team. She can support allies such as Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, Ursula, Olwen, Siegbert and Brave Roy. Fury gives her a very well-rounded stat increase, bring her to 31 resistance and offensively to 34/36. Hone Cavalry lets her buff her allies, and works exceptionally well with allied Blade Tome users.
If you want to use her on a non-cavalry team, simply switch out Hone Cavalry for Res Ploy.
Budget: Res Ploy 3
|SP||1,875||S||Heavy Blade 3|
She can run a very similar Blade Tome set to excellent effect. This set is more reliable than her Blizzard one, has even stronger synergy with Cavalry teams and more raw power. This version of Gunnthra is no longer reliant on Chilling Seal's debuffs, giving her more choice about her targets. However it lacks resistance compared to the above set, and is only effective in Cavalry teams.
- Decent offensive statline combined with increased movement.
- Strong unique skills that synergise well.
- Is a “Legendary Hero”.
- Low physical defence.
- Many red and green units possess Distant Counter.
Gunnthra is the second Legendary Hero to be added to the game, taking on the mantle of the wind element. She is one of only two green cavalry mages, the other being Cecilia who has a comparable statline minus the unique skill options. Gunnthra herself has decent offensive stats and her status as a Legendary Hero makes it likely she will be an important unit into the future.
Decent offensive statline combined with increased movement.
- Most Cavalry mages suffer from low speed, something that Gunnthra does not. She has the highest combined attack and speed for a Cavalry mage, handily beating out Cecilia’s low 25 speed. Being a Cavalry unit gives her excellent offensive reach, and she is able to cover large amounts of ground with her ranged attack and increased movement.
Strong unique skills that synergise well.
- Gunnthra has a unique weapon, Blizzard and the Chilling Seal skill which cannot be inherited. Blizzard can be thought of as a Blade tome in reverse: It gains bonus damage based on a foe’s stat penalties at the time of attacking. Debuffs from Threaten, Seal and Ploy skills will all increase her damage. However, debuffs from Panic Ploy will not boost her damage. Chilling Seal has excellent synergy with Blizzard, providing Gunnthra with a guaranteed target in every game. It is especially effective vs. glass cannons who choose skills such as Life and Death to maximize their damage. As you might have guessed, Chilling Seal’s debuffs will increase Blizzard’s damage.
Is a “Legendary Hero”.
- Being a Legendary Hero means that Gunnthra can grant allies certain stat buffs just for being on her team. An ally with a Wind Blessing will get +3 HP and +4 resistance while fighting alongside her during the wind season.
Low physical defence
- Gunnthra suffers from the flaw with many mages: She has low defense. She is susceptible to physical damage such as that from Brave Bows. She is also ironically weak to opposing Gunnthra’s, who more often than not target her for their Chilling Seal debuff. Gunnthra’s resistance is decent, but base 25 (or 28 with Blizzard) is nothing to write home about.
Many red and green units possess Distant Counter.
- Blade tome users of all colors can hit the type they are weak against for heavy damage, but many red units are equipped with natural Distant Counter to ruin her day. Worse still, many of them have high defense stats, meaning that they are unlikely to be debuffed. Chilling Seal can be inconvenient, as it debuffs low defense units rather than low-resistance ones she would rather focus on attacking. If she can debuff their attack, she can sometimes survive a hit from some red units with Distant Counter.
Red units with Distant Counter pose a massive threat to her existence. Ike, Ryoma and the Black Knight can all easily tank and KO her. Ayra, Mia, Zephiel and Sigurd all threaten similar fates when equipped with Distant Counter. Their high defense makes them unlikely targets for Chilling Seal. Strong Blade tome users such as Katarina, Sanaki and Lilina can one shot her with ease, but fear her debuffs. Tharja and Sophia are exceptions thanks to their strong defense. Keep in mind that as a general rule, Gunnthra can overwhelm most of her usual counters if they are affected with her Chilling Seal debuff. Winter Tharja is an exception, easily tanking and revenge killing her.
|Fortress Res 1Grants Res+3. Inflicts Atk-3.||40||
|Fortress Res 2Grants Res+4. Inflicts Atk-3.||80||
Fortress Res 3Grants Res+5. Inflicts Atk-3.
Unlocks at 5 ★
Chilling SealAt the start of each turn, if unit's HP ≥ 50%, inflicts Atk/Spd-6 on foe on the enemy team with the lowest Def through its next action. (Skill cannot be inherited.)
Unlocks at 5 ★
|Res Ploy 1At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res-3 until the end of foe's next action.||60||
|Res Ploy 2At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res-4 until the end of foe's next action.||120||
Res Ploy 3At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Res-5 until the end of foe's next action.
Unlocks at 5 ★