|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
Attack increasing is Eldigan's best boon. The arrival of inheritance means even with speed increasing boon/bane and Hone Cavalry buff, he doesn't reach high speed tiers, meaning it is better to invest in his attack, which opens a lot more possibilities for him. However, this does not mean speed increasing boon is bad, as it can help him mitigate some damage by not being doubled.
Resistance is disposable, as Eldigan's resistance is terrible in the first place, and he normally does not need to bait mages like Xander, unless you run a Distant Counter build.
|Mystletainn||A||Heavy Blade 3|
Eldigan is a very potent user of Heavy Blade/Galeforce, especially with an attack or speed boon. Mystletainn grants him reduced cooldown and increased attack, making it surprisingly easy to trigger. However Eldigan is one of the slower users of Galeforce, so think carefully about his B slot skill. Swordbreaker is a great choice, but Eldigan can also run Brash Assault/Desperation, with the added downside of his health required to be low.
|Mystletainn (+Eff)||A||Triangle Adept 3|
This set gives Eldigan strong capacity to handle green units without losing much HP, and still duel swords effectively. With Mystletainn and Quickened Pulse, Ignis has a charge time of only two, allowing it to trigger in the first round if Eldigan attacks twice, or the round thereafter. Bonfire is a good alternative if you want Eldigan to always trigger his special in the very first round.
|Mystletainn (+Eff)||A||Fury 3|
|Reposition||B||Quick Riposte 3|
|Bonfire||C||Atk Smoke 3|
With an effective Fury 6, Eldigan has very good stats overall. He can function well as a tank with Quick Riposte to fix up his speed. Bonfire charges and fires within one round thanks to Mystletainn. Noontime can be taken if you want to try to restore some of Eldigan's health, but the passive damage he takes is so high, it is better to focus on destroying the enemy. Atk Smoke is great for tanks, improving his duelling potential over multiple rounds.
|Mystletainn (+Eff) Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3. Unit takes 6 damage after combat.||+3||400||1||16|
|Mystletainn (+Atk) Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).||+5||400||1||18|
|Mystletainn (+Res) +4 Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).||+5||400||1||16|
|Mystletainn (+Def) +4 Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).||+5||400||1||16|
|Mystletainn (+Spd) +3Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1).||+5||400||1||16|
|Rising LightBefore combat this unit initiates, foes in an area near target take damage equal to (unit's Atk minus foe's Def or Res).||150||4|
| Growing LightBefore combat this unit initiates, foes in a wide area near target take damage equal to (unit's Atk - foe's Def or Res)
Learns by default at 5 ★
|Fury 1Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+1. Unit takes 2 damage after combat.||50||
|Fury 2Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2. Unit takes 4 damage after combat.||100||
Fury 3Grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+3. Unit takes 6 damage after combat.
Unlocks at 5 ★
LungeIf unit initiates attack, after combat, unit and targeted foe swap places.
Unlocks at 5 ★
- Fantastic attack and defense.
- High movement.
- Strong unique weapon, allowing him to use strong specials much faster.
- Mediocre speed.
- Low resistance.
Eldigan is a powerful, sword-wielding cavalier with outstanding attack and defense. His high mobility, physically bulkiness and strong unique weapon allows him to effectively serve as both a damage dealer and a tank for the team.
Eldigan has low speed and resistance however, meaning he is susceptible to magic attacks, especially from mages.
- Eldigan has high base attack at 32, tied with Xander and Cain for second highest amongst sword cavalry units (Luke is first). Eldigan has the edge over Xander in that he can get an attack increasing boon, which propels it to 35.
- A combination of 45 HP and 34 defense at neutral makes Eldigan very tanky, and even strong physical lance users can find trouble killing him at full health.
- His unique weapon is a much stronger Killing Edge, allowing him to run long charge specials like Ignis.
- Eldigan struggles immensely against most dragons and mages due to his poor resistance despite high health
- His 24 base speed hurts him both offensively and defensively, as it makes him susceptible to double attacks, as well as preventing him to make follow up attacks on most common arena units
Lack of way to deal with ranged attacks:
- Unlike his closest competition, Xander, Eldigan cannot retaliate at range without inheriting Distant Counter. This means he has to rely on his teammates to take ranged hits for him, or bait them in and kill them with his three movement.
- Eldigan suffers greatly against tanky dragons (Tiki Young, Tiki, Nowi, Corrin and Ninian) who can shrug off his physical attacks and retaliate with magic attacks.
- He also can't tank attacks from mages well due to his poor resistance, the most dangerous being blue mages like Linde, Reinhardt, Olwen, Ursula, Spring Camilla and Robin M.
- Tanky lance users like Lukas, Effie or Ephraim are also a pain to deal with since Eldigan has to rely on pulling off Ignis to damage them, while exposing himself to being KO’d from their attacks.
- Blue Brave users with high damage like Cordelia, Hinoka, Donnel or Abel can kill him on initiation, assuming they run heavily offensive builds.