|Key stats worth increasing through nature if possible.|
|Complementary stats that matter, but not to the point of picking them over key stats for nature increase.|
|Relatively worthless stat that can safely be decreased through nature.|
Literally any IV that is -SPD works.
- +ATK further increases Dorcas' already strong offensive presence both in Player Phase and Enemy Phase
- +DEF bolsters Dorcas' longevity against melee axe, sword, and lance units
- -SPD 23 SPD makes it the obvious dump stat
- -RES is probably the second best bane to have as it doesn't affect Dorcas' physical bulk, but ruins his mage matchups
|Stout Tomahawk||A||Distant Def 3
Budget: Fierce Stance 3
|Reposition||B||Quick Riposte 3|
|Ignis||C||Infantry Pulse 3|
|SP||1,145||S||Distant Def 3|
- Weapon: Stout Tomahawk
- Support Skill: Reposition
- Special: Ignis / Bonfire / Aether
- A Slot: Distant Defense 3 / Fierce Stance 3 / Steady Breath
- B Slot: Quick Riposte 3 / Vantage 3
- C Slot: Infantry Pulse 3 / Threaten Def 3 / Varies On Team
- Sacred Seal: Distant Defense 3
Because of Stout Tomahawk's built in Distant Counter effect, Dorcas has a variety of skills to choose from that make him a fantastic defensive baiting unit. Freeing up the A slot gives Dorcas the flexibility of running a myriad of offensive and defensive skills each with their own merits. His native Fierce Stance is already a solid choice, as a reverse Death Blow is especially good on powerful, Enemy Phase based units. Picking up Distant Defense on his A slot as well as his Sacred Seal bolsters his resistance against tome users and archers, negating 12 effective damage from a neutral hit. Like other tanky units, the Aether + Steady Breath combo is also a solid choice when it comes to tanking melee hits, but isn't as powerful at surviving ranged attacks.
Reposition is always a solid Support skill as shuffling around teammates is essential on some smaller maps, but any movement Assist can be used to suit whatever playstyle you prefer. Specials are fairly easy to pick from as Dorcas' fantastic 35 DEF makes Ignis and Bonfire the most attractive skills to pick with Aether being viable if running Steady Breath.
Dorcas' CYL treatment equips him with an almost optimal skill set from the get-go as both Infantry Pulse and Quick Riposte have great synergy with his base stats and overall role on a team. For the B slot, Quick Riposte should be almost always kept, but if you're confident in Dorcas' ability to take a hit and kill everything in one hit, Vantage can be useful. C Skills are always flexible, but because of Dorcas' fairly high HP, Infantry Pulse is a great choice if you're running other infantry units that are dependent on their Special to trigger.
|Brave Axe+||A||Fire Boost 3
Budget: Death Blow 3
|Moonbow||C||Threaten Def 3
Budget: Infantry Pulse 3
- Weapon: Brave Lance+
- Support Skill: Reposition
- Special: Moonbow
- A Slot: Death Blow 3 / Fire Boost 3
- B Slot: Drag Back / Axebreaker 3
- C Slot: Threaten Def 3 / Varies On Team
- Sacred Seal: Quickened Pulse
While his Stout Tomahawk build steals the show, it should be noted that Dorcas' stats are similar to those of common Brave users like Cherche and Chrom. This build, while not as viable for tanking and baiting, can be quite effective when used as an offensive bruiser. Fire Boost and Death Blow are obviously the most striking abilities for an offensive Player Phase Dorcas as any additional ATK is necessary when relying only on the first two hits of a Brave Axe. Drag Back or the same colored Breaker skill is the most effective B skill just like any physically defensive Brave user.
The combination of Moonbow and Quickened Pulse grants the second hit of the Brave Axe the ability to ignore 30% of the opponents DEF further increasing the power of Dorcas' two-hit assault. Threaten Def 3 decreases the bulk of tankier units that may survive without lowered defenses, but pick the C skill that suits your team the best.
|Fierce Stance 1Grants Atk+2 during combat\nwhen this unit is attacked.||50||
|Fierce Stance 2Grants Atk+4 during combat\nwhen this unit is attacked.||100||
Fierce Stance 3Grants Atk+6 during combat when this unit is attacked.
Unlocks at 5 ★
|Quick Riposte 1Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP ≥ 90%.||60||
|Quick Riposte 2Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP ≥ 80%.||120||
Quick Riposte 3Unit automatically makes a follow-up attack if attacked at HP ≥ 70%.
Unlocks at 5 ★
|Infantry Pulse 1Special cooldown count-1 at start of turn 1 for any Infantry allies with at least 5 fewer HP than unit. (Effects will stack with similar skills.)||60||
|Infantry Pulse 2Special cooldown count-1 at start of turn 1 for any Infantry allies with at least 3 fewer HP than unit. (Effects will stack with similar skills.)||120||
Infantry Pulse 3Special cooldown count-1 at start of turn 1 for any Infantry allies with at least 1 fewer HP than unit. (Effects will stack with similar skills.)
Unlocks at 5 ★
Because of his Top 20 finish in the CYL poll, the mutton man from Blazing Blade is now here in Heroes. Like other CYL characters, Dorcas comes with a unique weapon and an inflated BST making him quite the formidable unit both in offense and defense. His weapon, Stout Tomahawk, acts exactly like Raijinto, Ragnell, or Gradivus as it has 16 MT combined with a built-in Distant Counter effect. This makes him a fantastic defensive, Enemy Phase oriented unit, specialized in baiting ranged threats while still retaining a great Player Phase due to his high base ATK.
The distribution of Dorcas' 162 stat points are well allocated, focusing on maximizing his ATK and physical bulk without completely ruining his RES stat. His only unimpressive stat is his below average SPD at 23, meaning he will get consistently doubled by a large majority of units. Dorcas' statline and role are actually quite comparable to Hector's as they both are Enemy Phase oriented tanks that capitalizes on Distant Counter and good defensive bulk to stop ranged threats dead in their tracks.
Superb general bulk
- Dorcas' solid 45 HP and 35 DEF makes him difficult to deal with in one round especially with his surprisingly decent 24 RES
Fantastic base ATK
- At 35 ATK, not many units can out damage Dorcas besides some niche cases and extreme glass cannons
- Dorcas' reputation as a CYL unit gives him noticeable boost in BST, not only giving him a leg up when compared to other infantry axe units, but also increasing his value on an Arena team
- With only 23 base SPD, Dorcas will have trouble avoiding doubles from glass cannon units who can easily two-shot him
Prone to magic
- While his weakness to magic isn't that great, 24 RES still leaves him fairly vulnerable to offensive mages when left unsupported
The few units that Dorcas cannot deal with are fairly easy to classify: anything red with five SPD over Dorcas.
- Ryoma, Ike, Ayra, and other similar red swords - despite Dorcas' physical bulk the weapon triangle makes it difficult for him to survive these heavy hitters
- Celica, Tharja, Katarina, and other offensive red mages - the uncommon Arena red mage is Dorcas' worst foe to face due to their high ATK and high SPD
- Lilina, Sanaki, and Sophia - watch out for Triangle Adept as these units might not even need a second shot to finish off Dorcas
- Azura, Olivia, Performing Inigo, and any other dancers - these units can surprise you by positioning a unit that Dorcas wasn't supposed to tank right in front of him