Located in the Special Maps section of the Battle menu, Rival Domains is a non-permanent game mode that offers summoners the ability to deploy more units, face more foes, and reach score benchmarks by netting consecutive KOs to gain rewards.
Rules and Restrictions
Rival Domains is quite different from most other game modes, and it has a variety of special rules and restrictions.
- Enemy reinforcements will spawn endlessly. The map ends after 10 turns, or after all available forts have been captured by you or the enemy.
- You can bring up to 20 units with you into battle -- this is called a Brigade. A maximum of 8 members of a Brigade are deployed onto the field at one time.
- Once a member of your Brigade is KO’d, they are replaced by the next member on your Brigade list.
- To build a Brigade, you can use your own units, the leader unit of your friends that is displayed on your friends list, or, if you do not bring 20 heroes, units auto-generated by the game.
- Only one Dancer/Singer can be deployed in a Brigade at a time. Duplicate units cannot be used.
- Your score is increased by capturing enemy forts, successfully defending your forts, and defeating enemies. A +1 bonus score from each KO can be earned by defeating foes with a certain movement type (i.e. infantry),
- The first time you reach or surpass the listed target score, you will receive the pictured reward for that map.
How to Play
If you’re lost regarding how to begin playing Rival Domains, here’s how to get started.
Assembling Your Brigade
The first thing you need to do is assemble your Brigade. Navigate to the Rival Domains menu and choose your difficulty. Once you do that, you will be brought to a menu that has an empty team slot. From here, you can tap on the Edit Brigade option.
Difficulty and Rewards
If you’re able to successfully complete the map and match or exceed the Target Score, you’ll receive the following rewards:
|Map||Map clear reward (Target Score met)|
|Rival Domains: Normal||1 Orb|
|Rival Domains: Hard||50 Large Badges|
|Rival Domains: Lunatic||500 Feathers|
|Rival Domans: Infernal||Divine Dew|